REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST .
Republic of Tajikistan
Learning Environment – Foundation of Quality Education Project
Contract No MOES/LEARN/IC/2023-06
Issuance date: 17/05/2023
Closing date/time: 07/06/2023
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Government of the Republic of Tajikistan has received grant funding in the amount of US$50.0 million from the World Bank for the implementation of the "Learning Environment – Foundation of Quality Education Project” (the Project, LEARN) during 2023-2029. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Education and Science (MOES), and in close coordination with the Agency for Supervision in the Sphere of Education and Science (ASSES).
The Project Development Objective is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning environments in selected general secondary schools.
“Teaching and Learning environment” in this project refers to the complete physical, social, and pedagogical context in which learning is intended to occur. The teaching and learning environment in this project is defined as consisting of the skills and competencies of teachers and physical learning spaces where learning occurs . It is school settings (not just classrooms) and contexts in which students learn and teachers teach within the school premises.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Disbursement Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Assist in the implementation of components’ accounting to ensure proper control of components’ funds under the Project;
• Process original documents, enter all transactions and daily banking operations into the 1C accounting system with the preparation of the components’ bank documents;
• Make cash payments and advances in cash from the Project funds to cover operating and other costs of the project, at the expense of funds;
• Comply with all World Bank regulations on disbursements, payments, expenses and taxation rules applicable to the Project;
• Advance reports processing of implementing staff and other staff payable under the Project;
• Prepare all evidence and supporting documents for the expenses under the components with the recall statement;
• Assist in the preparation of monthly cash flow statements in the accounts of the project components;
• Maintain electronic cash book and control of bank statements;
• Control of consumption and maintenance of a report on the expenses of fuels and lubricants;
• Process accounting records for all tangible and intangible assets, participate in the annual inventory of fixed assets purchased and transferred under the Project components;
• Participate in the preparation of various reports as requested by the World Bank, the MOES and other relevant government agencies;
• Support the audit process, ensuring that all financial audit findings are properly corrected with due attention;
• Perform other related duties as requested by the Chief Financial Management Specialist and the Project Coordinator in respect of payments for all Components;
• Reconcile disbursement summaries of the World Bank and state enterprises with project records;
• Periodically participate in the development of the project's overall budget and payment plans under the project and submit to the management of the Ministry of Finance for approval;
• Implement at and monitoring of financial/expenditure plans of the Project;
• Prepare in timely manner the Withdrawal Application (Form 2803), Statements of Expenditure (SOE) and Special Commitments (Form 2831);
• Assist in the preparation of data, records and original documents for all operating costs payable from the Project’s accounts.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
It is expected that the selected candidate will conform to the following qualifications and experience profile:
• Higher education in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field;
• 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing financial management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems;
• Strong understanding of the Finance and Accounting policies of the World Bank;
• Experience in Financial management and oversight of projects;
• Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.), and practical experience with the 1C Accounting Software, and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
• Good knowledge of Tajik and Russian languages (oral and written) and the knowledge of English language will be an advantage;
• Two reference letters from the most recent employers
ASSIGNMENT DURATION, LOCATION AND REPORTING:
The social development consultant is expected to be available for this assignment as soon as LEARN becomes effective (expected in March 2023). This assignment is for a total of 12 (twelve) months starting from the contract signing date and renewable annually based on the consultant’s performance and project needs. The MOES shall provide an office space and necessary equipment to the Disbursement specialist during his/her tenure of service in the Project. The Disbursement Specialist is expected to work full time (office hours).
APPLICATION AND SELECTION:
The Consultant(s) will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers November 2020 (Procurement Regulations).
Qualified applicants are requested to send the CV and cover letter in Russian and English via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, include the position title in the subject of the email.
For more information, please call: (+992 37) 2274502 from 8:00 to 17:00
The deadline for submitting documents is 07 June 2023, before 17:00 (Dushanbe time).